International refers to the support we provide for companies involved in any aspect of cross-border business, be it market entry, the development of foreign markets, the initiation of new business and the provision of information on global sales channels and sources of procurement.
The Chamber of Commerce – your key to the world
In the case of cities such as Bremen that are heavily dependent on export-oriented foreign trade, any form of assistance to exploit new opportunities is of vital importance:
- We facilitate the entry of companies into foreign markets by providing in-depth market knowledge gained with the help of foreign chambers of commerce and our global network of partners, thus helping to reduce transaction costs.
- We support companies selling their products abroad, and arrange contacts to global sales partners and suppliers.
- We initiate business contacts, and help companies find the right international cooperation partners.
- We advise on financing and legal issues involved in international business.
- We support companies in the setting up of branches abroad, and in foreign direct investment.
- We provide investors and business leaders of companies from non-EU member countries with practical assistance in obtaining residence permits, and work closely with the local authorities responsible for foreigners.
- We advise on customs and foreign trade legislation issues,
in anti-dumping procedural matters and questions related to subsidy programmes.